Porridge Bread Recipe Section
Lots of Sourdough bread recipes can benefit from the use of the 'Porridge' Technique. I call breads made using this technique 'Porridge Breads', to put them in a recipe class of their own.
Porridge breads are breads where a component of cooked grain or 'porridge' is added to the flour mix, with liquid measurements wound down accordingly. Any of the sourdough recipes can have up to 25% of the flour weight replaced with a porridge of grains of your choosing. Generally, winding down the liquid amount in the recipe by half the amount of porridge you added wll do the trick!
Recipes for Porridge Breads in this section include:
Kibbled Wheat Bread Recipe
For more recipes and info, check out the SourdoughBaker Bookstore. Every book you buy through this site (these are amazon books) helps me to put more time into growing this free sourdough breadmaking recipe resource for you.
For more Sourdough Breadmaking information, recipes and resources - read on!
If you would like to flesh out your knowledge about sourdough breadmaking at home, have a look at the Recommended Reading section. I have listed a number of my all time favourite breadmaking books there. Follow the links if you would like to purchase any of the books online. Remember, if you buy a book through this site, it will help me to continue building this free sourdough breadmaking resource.
While you're here, have a look at SourdoughBaker's Online Shop. A dedicated shop for the keen home baker.
Right now, you can get the following essentials:
- Breadmaking Kits for hand made bread at home, cleanly and efficiently. Check out the Bakery in a Box!
- Equipment Supply, which will be loaded soon with products to make life simpler when making bread at home.
- Ingredients Supply, which has a wide range of freshly milled organic flours and other essential ingredients.
- Sourdough Starter Supply, which enables you to shortcut the process of making sourdough starter from scratch. A lot of experienced sourdough bakers actually use these to enrich or modify their own ferments too!
- Utensils and Tools which are invaluable and sometimes hard to get. They are here, and available for delivery!
You can find direct links to any of the sourdough recipes in this site by following your favourite looking recipe below:
- Sourdough Bread Recipes
- Basic Sourdough Recipe
- White Spelt Recipe
- Wholemeal Spelt Recipe
- Old Dough (OD) Recipes
- Semi Leaven Recipes
- Porridge Bread Recipes
Happy Sourdough Baking!